Hidden Antarctica: A Photo Journey Through Untouched Beauty (Hardcover)
***Books listed on this website are available as new books. For information about used, sale, and other in-store items please call or email us.***
The ultimate coffee table book Beautiful images and epic adventure stories offer a rare look at uncharted Antarctica.
Experience true untouched beauty through nearly 200 photographs of rarely-visited locations in Antarctica.
The photographer's infectious spirit is on full display as she tells the story of how an unexpected itinerary change turned into the adventure of a lifetime. These rare photos show regions that are often inaccessible for a decade at a time due to ice.
This stunning piece of art for the coffee table is filled with awe-inspiring images, including:
- One of the world's largest penguin colonies
- "Iceberg Alley" with floating ice the size of apartment buildings
- The Weddell Sea, famous for sinking Ernest Shackleton's ship, The Endurance
- First hut in Antarctica where stranded polar explorers survived 2 winters
- Active volcano where hot steam rises from snowy beaches
- Calm idyllic coves filled with nature's ice sculptures
- Adorable Antarctic animals and wildlife
This photography book also offers a glimpse of stunning landscapes from South America's beautiful Patagonia region in Chile and Argentina. The enchanting full-color images interspersed with lively adventure stories will inspire every travel lover to get out and explore This book is perfect for travelers, art aficionados, and home decor enthusiasts. Need a gift for someone who has everything? Hidden Antarctica is the perfect gift book
See why Antarctica is truly one of the most beautiful and magical places on earth