The Art of War (Deluxe Hardbound Edition) (Hardcover)
***Books listed on this website are available as new books. For information about used, sale, and other in-store items please call or email us.***
The Art of War is a renowned ancient Chinese military treatise written by Sun Tzu, a military strategist and philosopher. Composed around the fifth century BC, it provides valuable insights into warfare and strategy. The book emphasizes the importance of careful planning, understanding the enemy, exploiting weaknesses, and employing tactics to achieve victory. It covers various aspects of warfare, including tactics, intelligence gathering, leadership, and the importance of adaptability. It continues to be studied and applied in various fields beyond the military, including business and politics.
- Insights into strategy and warfare
- Provides valuable insights into navigating dynamic and unpredictable environments in various domains
- Delves into the qualities of successful leaders
- Offers practical advice on how to gain advantages and outmanoeuvre opponents
- Emphasizes the importance of strategic thinking and planning
Sun Tzu, a military general and strategist who lived in ancient China, is one of East Asia’ s most important historical figures. Traditional historians believe that he lived between 544– 496 B.C. Sun Tzu’ s birth name was Sun Wu; the name he is well known with is an honorific that means “ Master Sun.” He is most famous for writing The Art of War, a timeless classic and one of the most important works of Eastern literature.