The Only Beginner Freeze Drying Book You'll Ever Need (Paperback)
***Books listed on this website are available as new books. For information about used, sale, and other in-store items please call or email us.***
NEW BLACK & WHITE VERSION
If you want to easily fill your Storage Pantry with Food that lasts up to 25 years, then keep reading.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, nearly 1 in 4 households experienced food insecurity in 2020. These numbers are expected to rise at the same time inflation is causing food prices to climb. Over the last few years, the alarming empty shelves are causing people to worry about scarcity.
Having the ability to store food for an uncertain future is key to maintaining a sense of stability. Long-term food storage solutions have become increasingly vital. Freeze-drying technology offers the perfect answer, allowing you to preserve food without compromising quality or nutrition.
Freeze-drying is a relatively new technology, and there isn't an abundance of information out there. This has created confusion about how to do it, misunderstandings about what can be freeze-dried, and fears about safety. A freeze-dryer can process foods and make them safe for long-term storage. These foods maintain their appearance, flavor, and nutrients better than any other food preservation method.
In this book, you will discover:
- Clear explanations of what to expect and why.
- Step-by-step instructions for the entire process, from fresh to the storage pantry.
- Which types of food you should NOT freeze-dry so you can avoid messy cleanups.
- Checklists to help a beginner feel like a pro right from the start
- The simple setup needed to be successful with freeze drying.
- How to create Just-Add-Water meals for backpacking or camping trips.
- Details on which foods are great to freeze-dry.
- Troubleshooting information so you know where to get help.
- The correct sizes and weights to prepare the foods prior to processing.
- How to safely package freeze-dried foods for long-term storage.
- 40 Delicious recipes your family will enjoy time and time again
- Recommended accessories and tools to increase efficiency.
- Instructions on freeze-drying the 108 most common foods.
- Links to 18 printable worksheets, including
- Quick-Start Checklist
- Reminder Steps
- Batch logs
- Rehydration Tips
- Maintenance sheets
- Conversion charts
A freeze-dryer is an appliance that is well worth the investment when you know how to use it. The steps for using a freeze-dryer can easily be learned. This book will help you avoid the steep learning curve so you can have results right away. Get started with your own freeze-dryer here: FDHR.2MHE.COM and grab the companion workbook in your size to have the ultimate record-keeper.
With this book, you can follow a proven systematic approach to freeze-drying with all the information and worksheets needed to guide you through each step of the process, from selection and preparation to packaging and storage. You can skip the research and start benefiting from freeze-dried foods right from the start.
Even a beginner who has never done food preservation before can use a freeze-dryer to process food that will remain healthy and delicious for many years. A size large HarvestRight Freeze-Dryer can process 2,500 pounds of food in a year. Now that is a lot of food security for your family