Search here for new books. For information about used, sale, and other in-store items please call or email us
My Other Bag's a Prada: Quick and Dirty Tips for Surviving an Ileostomy (Paperback)
You've just gotten an ileostomy. Now what?
Living with an ileostomy seems daunting, but it doesn't have to be. In My Other Bag's a Prada: Quick and Dirty Tips for Surviving an Ileostomy, author and ileostomy veteran AW Cross gives you a first-hand, non-medical perspective of what to expect from your ileostomy and how to cope successfully day-to-day.
Through a straightforward blend of practicality and humor, you'll learn how to:
- Survive the physical consequences and emotional impact of having an ostomy
- Choose your appliance, your accessories, and change your bag
- Cope with odor, leaks, obstructions, and skin damage
- Pack a survival kit and navigate the outside world
- Dress, eat, and have sex
- Deal with healthcare professionals and enjoy your stays in the hospital
- Manage the ignorant public and use social media to your advantage
Whether you've just gotten your ileostomy, or you've had it for years, if you're determined to own it like a boss, this book is for you.
If you'd rather suffer blow-outs and bagtastrophies, have no sense of humor about your stoma, and hate puppies and sunshine, DON'T BUY THIS BOOK