Moon Puerto Vallarta: With Sayulita, the Riviera Nayarit & Costalegre: Getaways, Beaches & Surfing, Local Flavors (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
***Books listed on this website are available as new books. For information about used, sale, and other in-store items please call or email us.***
- Strategic, flexible itineraries with ideas for outdoor adventurers, beach bums, surfers, budget travelers, wellness seekers, and more, including a Costalegre road trip
- The top outdoor adventures: Snorkel in the crystal-clear ocean, spot humpback whales and sea turtles out on the bay, or take a surfing lesson. Catch a sunset on the beach, go standup paddle boarding, or escape to the misty Sierra Madres for a hike
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Enjoy tacos from a street vendor, feast on Mexican delicacies at a waterfront restaurant, or drop anchor and grill your freshly-caught fish in a palapa. Shop from local artists along the Malecón, or spend a day volunteering at a turtle rescue camp. Visit a tequila distillery, sample local raicilla, and dance to cumbia as the sun sets over the beach
- How to experience Puerto Vallarta like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, avoid crowds, and respectfully engage with the culture
- Expert insight from local writer Madeline Milne
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Reliable background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history, as well as common customs and etiquette
- Handy tools including a Spanish phrasebook, packing suggestions, and travel tips for families with kids, seniors, travelers with disabilities, travelers of color, and LGBTQ+ travelers
Exploring more of Mexico? Check out Moon Baja, Moon Oaxaca, or Moon Mexico City.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
She loves road-tripping through Puerto Vallarta and its gorgeous surrounding areas; the more offbeat, the better! Madeline has explored just about every beach town through Nayarit and south along Jalisco's coastline to Colima, and everything from the silver mining town of San Sebastian de Oeste to the best bass fishing lake in Mexico at Cajon de Peña.
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times