Search here for new books. For information about used, sale, and other in-store items please call or email us
DocBook: The Definitive Guide [With CDROM] (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
DocBook: The Definitive Guide is the complete and official documentation of the DocBook Document Type Definition (DTD) and many of its associated tools.DocBook is a system for writing structured documents using SGML and XML. It provides all the elements you'll need for technical documents of all kinds. A number of computer companies use DocBook for their documentation, as do several Open Source documentation groups, including the Linux Documentation Project (LDP). With the consistent use of DocBook, these groups can readily share and exchange information. With an XML-enabled browser, DocBook documents are as accessible on the Web as in print.DocBook: The Definitive Guide was written by Norman Walsh, the author of the XML implementation of the DocBook DTD; and Leonard Muellner, the manager of O'Reilly & Associates' Production Tools Group.In this book, you'll find:
- A brief introduction to SGML and XML
- A guide to creating documents with the DocBook DTD and associated stylesheets
- Information about using SGML and XML tools like Jade and DSSSL
- An guide to customizing DocBook
- A complete SGML and XML reference, including examples, for every DocBook element
- The complete source text of this book, in both SGML and HTML
- All the examples from the book
- DSSSL Stylesheets that let you convert DocBook documents to RTF, LaTeX, or HTML
- The DocBook DTD for SGML, version 3.1
About the Author
Norm Walsh is a Production Tools Specialist at O'Reilly and Associates' Cambridge office. Before Norm joined ORA, he was a research assistant at UMass, Amherst where he earned his master's degree in computer science.Leonard Muellner has been implementing and supporting the production of O'Reilly books marked up in DocBook since 1994.