On Blossoming: Frank and Practical Advice on Our Bodies, Sexual Health, Sensuality, Pleasure, Orgasm, and More (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
This is not your typical sex ed book. Instead of typically puritanical views on sex and puberty, On Blossoming focuses on incorporating the principles of pleasure into sex education for our youth and creates a new paradigm of human sexuality. This book takes on a taboo topic in our culture backed with a compelling mixture of research and personal experience.
Author Gia Lynne’s biggest question is, how can we expect to have sexual health if we do not learn about pleasure before our first sexual experiences? Our collective social stigma around talking about sex—most of all good sex—prevents these conversations from happening and it’s having a detrimental effect on our teens of all genders and our society as a whole. On Blossoming will teach you and your teens:
- How to navigate conversations on “the birds and the bees”;
- How to effectively communicate with parents, friends, and partners;
- To explore the differences between sensuality and sexuality;
- To learn about the entire anatomy of the clitoris;
- How sex can be open, communicative, and fun every time; and
- How to know and explore your own body.
About the Author
Gia Lynne is a pleasure-positive writer, educator, and personal coach who is dedicated to researching and teaching the craft of pleasurable living and healthy sexuality. Fascinated by human sexuality and how that connects to our quality of life, she offers a unique perspective on pleasurable living. She has degree in English Literature from UC Berkeley and is pursuing a master’s degree in Sexuality Studies.