The Ruins of Gorlan: Book 1 (Ranger's Apprentice #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Ranger's Apprentice series.
- #2: The Burning Bridge: Book Two (Ranger's Apprentice #2) (Paperback): $8.99
- #3: The Icebound Land: Book Three (Ranger's Apprentice #3) (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: The Battle for Skandia: Book Four (Ranger's Apprentice #4) (Paperback): $8.99
- #5: The Sorcerer of the North: Book Five (Ranger's Apprentice #5) (Paperback): $8.99
- #6: The Siege of Macindaw: Book Six (Ranger's Apprentice #6) (Paperback): $8.99
- #7: Erak's Ransom: Book 7 (Ranger's Apprentice #7) (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: The Kings of Clonmel: Book Eight (Ranger's Apprentice #8) (Paperback): $8.99
- #9: Halt's Peril: Book Nine (Ranger's Apprentice #9) (Paperback): $8.99
- #10: The Emperor of Nihon-Ja: Book Ten (Ranger's Apprentice #10) (Paperback): $8.99
- #11: The Lost Stories: Book 11 (Ranger's Apprentice #11) (Paperback): $8.99
- #12: The Royal Ranger: A New Beginning (Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger #1) (Hardcover): $18.99
The international bestselling series with over 5 million copies sold in the U.S. alone!
They have always scared him in the past—the Rangers, with their dark cloaksand shadowy ways. The villagers believe the Rangers practice magic that makes them invisible to ordinary people. And now 15-year-old Will, always small for his age, has been chosen as a Ranger's apprentice. What he doesn't yet realize is that the Rangers are the protectors of the kingdom. Highly trained in the skills of battle and surveillance, they fight the battles before the battles reach the people. And as Will is about to learn, there is a large battle brewing. The exiled Morgarath, Lord of the Mountains of Rain and Night, is gathering his forces for an attack on the kingdom. This time, he will not be denied. . . .
Here is the fantasy adventure that launched the Ranger's Apprentice series, an epic story of heroes and villains that has become an international phenomenon. Perfect for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, T.H. White’s The Sword in the Stone, Christopher Paolini’s Eragon series, and George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire series.
About the Author
John Flanagan grew up in Sydney, Australia, hoping to be a writer. John began writing Ranger’s Apprentice for his son, Michael, ten years ago, and is still hard at work on the series and its spinoff, Brotherband Chronicles. He currently lives in the suburb of Manly, Australia, with his wife. In addition to their son, they have two grown daughters and four grandsons.
"The last few years have seen the publication of many fantasies, but few have the appeal of this original story. Rather than creating a host of strange creatures and magical powers, Flanigan concentrates on character, offering readers a young protagonist they will care about and relationships that develop believably over time.Readers will look forward to the next adventure in The Ruins of Gorlan series." -Booklist, starred review