Search here for new books. For information about used, sale, and other in-store items please call or email us
We're open! Free shipping when you order through website to pick-up in store!
TO BUY BOOKS:
* Shop in-store at our Berkeley locations every day, 10am - 5pm.
* Shop in-store at Pegasus Oakland Tues.-Thurs and Sat.-Sun., 10am - 5pm.
* Pick up at all three locations: Daily 10am - 5pm.
* Order books on our website to be shipped to the store, or to your door. Free shipping to your door for purchases over $99.
* Call us: Daily 10am – 5pm, for recommendations or to check in-store stock.
* Have it delivered: We deliver within the Berkeley/Oakland area. Delivery fee is $3, no fee on orders over $50.
* Purchase an online gift code. We’ll email the user a code that may be used on website orders.
All Calendars $3.99! Sierra Club in stock!
Hello Pegasus friends!
Among the retail casualties of last year was our traditional calendar sale. We began to buy these in September, and at that time we were pretty sure we could not have our usual madcap experience with hundreds of calendar lovers in our stores. So we bought some, cautiously, and decided to just have those available as soon as they got to us. And so when January 1 rolled around, we had sold most of them.
The only thing normal about the year was that our awesome art calendars, shipped from Germany in November, are late. As of today, they are still wandering around America with FedEx, who, possibly understandably, is not answering the phone. However! Tushita calendars are indisputably on their way, about 200 titles - art, Buddhism, cooking, nature, animals and countries- as are another batch of 50 excellent titles from Browntrout. We will make sure to tell you the EXACT DAY they will be at the stores, and we invite you to hang on and come in then.
And in another note, dear Pegasus friends, you have been awesome, supportive, book-mad, and completely satisfactory from our point of view. Thank you, Happy New Year, and we promise to pull out all the stops next year! All best, Amy and all the team at Pegasus Books
YWCA Festival of Women Authors, Saturday, Feb. 6th
The YWCA of Berkeley and Oakland presents the 27th Annual Festival of Women Authors.
Speaking this year will be Megan Stielstra, author of The Wrong Way to Save Your Life, and Meredith May, author of The Honey Bus.
This is a virtual event. Tickets are $30, available here.
Anti-Racist Reading List
Indie Bestseller Lists for
For the week ending based on sales in hundreds of independent bookstores nationwide.
Top Sellers -
Reported weekly by independent booksellers across America, the Indie Bestseller Lists let you know what indie readers are buying right now.